Please read this first...

If you want to know what I'm on about in the shortest time then please read the introductory first post and my current action plan. Comments are very welcome. And if you like this blog, please tell a friend. Thanks!

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Withdrawal symptoms and other downers

Today was the first day of my self-imposed Level 1 Ice Break Restrictions and it wasn't my best day ever.

I've been restless and lethargic. How's that even possible? A bit moody and glum. Didn't have much patience for the kids' stuffing around this evening. And most telling: working hard to come up with something to write here.

Not that I can blame it all on Ice Break withdrawals. My energy saving measures aren't having as much impact as I'd like and I'm a bit overwhelmed by how much time and effort it's likely to take to establish a productive and sustainable vegetable garden here at home.

So much to do. Looking forward to the Sustainable Living Fair in a couple of weeks. Should be some good inspiration to draw on there.

For now I'm going to curl up with a nice thick sustainable reusable low-energy sci-fi novel and pretend for a bit that it's the aliens which threaten our extinction rather than worrying about us taking care of that for ourselves.

No comments: