Please read this first...

If you want to know what I'm on about in the shortest time then please read the introductory first post and my current action plan. Comments are very welcome. And if you like this blog, please tell a friend. Thanks!

Sunday 6 May 2007

Federal election winner: planet Earth

Commenting on my hot water post, Arienal mentioned the ALP's recent election year promise to assist households with the adoption of energy- and water-efficient technologies through zero-interest loans.

Frankly, I like it. A lot. I hope something like it comes to pass regardless of whoever wins the election.

The downside is that Labor's funding would only start to become available in January 2009. That's understandable given that there'd be a fair amount of administration to set up first and as a pre-requisite for receiving the loan you have to submit your household to an efficiency audit, which means the audit processes and infrastructure need to be established before anybody can apply.

So I'm going to continue to do what I can, now, and encourage others to do the same. Like I've already pointed out, you can reduce your consumption of all sorts of things without a cent of up-front investment. And those of us who already have the means to switch to more efficient technologies should do so without delay.

No comments: