Please read this first...

If you want to know what I'm on about in the shortest time then please read the introductory first post and my current action plan. Comments are very welcome. And if you like this blog, please tell a friend. Thanks!

Sunday 20 May 2007

My real-life hero?

Am experiencing an unfamiliar feeling.

Obviously the term "hero" is nothing new to me. But I don't think I've ever experienced an emotional response to the words or actions of another person such that I would consider them to be my hero. Until perhaps now.

One of the documentaries I mentioned in the previous post was "Waste Equals Food", which featured the ideas and achievements of William McDonough. It was his book, "Cradle to Cradle", which I ordered after watching the film. (Which was at least partly the aim of the film, I'm quite sure.)

And just now I've come across this speech from almost exactly ten years ago.

It's inspirational reading. Mr McDonough might just have become "my" very first hero. Will let you know what I think of the book.

No comments: