Please read this first...

If you want to know what I'm on about in the shortest time then please read the introductory first post and my current action plan. Comments are very welcome. And if you like this blog, please tell a friend. Thanks!

Sunday 18 November 2007

Found! Low cost 240V power meter.

I enjoyed using a borrowed Centameter a while back to get a feel for our household power usage patterns. But there were a few reasons why I haven't gone out and bought one for myself.

1. It wasn't exactly inexpensive.
2. It could only show you your overall power consumption, which I can find out by reading meters anyway.
3. It wasn't sensitive enough to be very useful for an energy-efficient household like ours.

In the US everybody talks about the Kill-A-Watt. But the US electrical grid runs at 110V compared to Australia's 240V system, and I haven't been able to find a local equivalent.

Until now. At under forty bucks, I'll be picking one up tomorrow.

No comments: